GARDEN STUFFED POTATOES
2 large Russet baking potatoes
1 to 2 green onions, the white and part of the green, finely chopped
1/4 cup nonfat or light sour cream
1 tablespoon whipped butter or less-fat margarine
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend
1/2 cup reduced-fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup broccoli florets, cooked, chopped
black pepper, to taste
1. Microwave or oven-bake potatoes until tender (don’t forgot to stab with a fork a few times before cooking). Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (except broccoli) with a fork.
2. Tearfully cut potatoes in half and scoop out the center, leaving about 1/2 inch of potato around the skin. Add the scooped-out potato and the broccoli pieces to the mixture in the bowl. Mix with fork, then spoon into potato halves.
3. Microwave each potato half on HIGH for about 1 minute or broil all the potato halves until lightly brown on top.
Makes: 4 servings
Calories – 205
Protein – 10 g
Carbohydrates – 32 g
Dietary fiber – 4 g
Fat – 5 g
Saturated fat – 3 g
Cholesterol – 15 mg
Sodium – 150 mg
Calories from Fat – 21%
GRILLED GINGER CHICKEN
- 3⁄4 cup white cooking wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 8 minced green onions, divided
- 1 lb (four 4-oz) chicken breasts, boneless, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Prep Time: 35 min, Total time: 55 min
1. In a large bowl combine the wine, olive oil, ginger, garlic, and half the green onions.
2. Add chicken breasts and marinate for 30 minutes, covered in the refrigerator. Turn occasionally.
3. Grill or broil chicken 5 to 10 minutes on each side until browned on the outside and cooked in the center.
4. Top chicken with remaining onions.
Makes 4 servings
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat – 12g 18%
Saturated Fat – 2g 10%
Trans Fat – 0g
Cholesterol – 66mg 22%
Sodium – 185mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates – 48g 16%
Dietary Fiber – 4g 16%
Sugars – 3g
Protein – 36g
Calcium – 37mg 4%